< >


‘Popcorn lung’: Wayne Watson wins $7.2m in US court

A US man has been awarded $7.2m (£4.4m) in damages after claiming he developed “popcorn lung” from inhaling the artificial butter in microwave popcorn.

A Colorado jury agreed with Wayne Watson that a popcorn manufacturer should have had warning labels that the bag’s fumes were dangerous to inhale.

Defence lawyers argued that Mr Watson’s problems stemmed from years of working with carpet-cleaning chemicals.


“Popcorn lung” is a form of irreversible obstructive lung disease that scars the lung and makes it difficult for air to flow out.

Source: BBC News

Read more


Share Us on Twitter & Facebook Now