< >

 

White House Puts Iran ‘on notice,’ Won’t Rule out Military Force

By

In a reckless and amateur move, National Security Adviser Michael Flynn said Wednesday that President Donald Trump’s administration is “officially putting Iran on notice,” and senior administration officials later refused to rule out military action against the Islamic Republic.

Senior administration officials Wednesday afternoon said Iran’s “highly provocative” behavior, including a recent missile test, “is a destabilizing factor in the region” and promised a response.

The administration is considering “a large number of options” to address Iran, but refused to say whether military action is among them.

“We’re going to take appropriate action,” an administration official said. “We are considering a whole range of options. We are in a deliberative process.”

The statements came after the Iranian government conducted a missile test on Monday and Houthi rebels, an Iran-backed group in Yemen, attacked a Saudi naval vessel earlier this week.

Flynn addressed reporters at the top of the daily White House press briefing earlier in the day.

Welcome to LNC Live News Stream Cloud